Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Where does my time go?

I have reached a conclusion...I waste a LOT of time doing nothing. I waste time on the internet readin articles about people I don't know (celebrities) and whose lives in no way affect me. I waste time on facebook looking at pictures and bumper stickers and other various ways of entertaining myself. Why do I do that? I believe that knowledge is the one thing I get to take with me and the point of this life is to learn and grow. In what ways are these things helping me to learn and grow? They aren't! I am currently taking a women's health class and I absolutely love it! My professos is amazing and she has the best perspective on health and our class. The point of the class is not to make us all thin and beautiful, but to improve our health in all areas. She tells us repeatedly when we are talking about exercise or nutrition that we are working on improving ourselves. This has made me think about my life and what I am doing to improve myself. Where do I need the most improvement, because I am so far from perfect it feels more like where in the world do I even start?!?! I am starting with, among other things, the use of my time. How I can justify blogging and not facebook, I'm not really sure. I guess it's because to write out my thoughts causes me to think critically about what's going on in my life and many times it is therapeutic to just get things out. I do not need an online social netowrking site, great as they are, to cultivate my relationships with those I care about as my roomate so graciously pointed out to me the other night. So my new time management begins....we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment