I am a big fan of 'To Do' lists. In a ridiculously embarrassing way. My dear friend Sarah Sue can tell you about my deep love of such lists. I get such immense joy every time I cross something off! It brings about a simultaneous feeling of accomplishment, relief, and deep satisfaction. I'm sure msot people who keep to do lists, feel the same way. I'm sure there are some people who find to do lists overwhelming. But they keep me focused. They help to keep me from wasting half of my day deciding what in the world I'm going to do with my time. Since tomorrow is my day off, I have made a to do list. Not too long, not too overwhelming, although if you've seen my car or my room, you'd probably disagree. And here it is, in order of importance. (I sound a little bit like a weirdo, I know.)
1. clean my room
2. clean out and wash my car (in celebration of the wonderfully warm forcast for the rest of the week :])
3. complete at least 1 of the online classes that I am signed up for.
4. set goals for the rest of the week. this is coming after the classes so that when i make my goals i have a realistic idea of how long each one will take, thus allowing me to set goals that are actually attainable.
5. paint my book case cream. it is currently an ugly shade of brown. my walls are green. it's ugly.
6. put my bed up on cinderblocks. this way i can stack some of my tubs double decker style and also fit my movies under my bed.
I feel good about this. Let you know how it works out!!! And hopefully, if all goes well, I'll have time to sit outside and read my book!!
I love checklists. You would love "7 Habits of Highly Effective People". A whole book about how great checklist are :)
ReplyDelete