Blogging...I've considered being a blogger. And today I was convinced by my roommate Lisa to join the blogging world. She gets such a kick out my stories and apparently thinks maybe other people will too. I don't know. So here is the story that inspired the conversation that led to this here blog.
We went to General Conference...AMAZING!!! More about that later. After GC in the Taylor we were mosing about the hallways, just chatting and enjoying some good laughs when I see this guy who looks familiar. He wasn't close enough to know for sure if it was my buddy Chans. Not wanting to create yet another awkward moment in my life, I tried to get a closer look before going over to say hello. When this plan didn't work out, I left. Just like that. No hello, no awkward moment, nothing. Upon arriving at my humble abode, I decided to just ask my good buddy if that was in fact him that I saw in the Taylor. So I proceeded to write on his fb wall. Because picking up the phone and just asking him is significantly more effort than opening my PC, signing onto the internet, logging onto facebook, looking his page up, and writing out my simple question. In writing out my simple request, I realized that I may have passed up an opportunity to make a new friend. How sad is that! I mean honestly, who doesn't want to make new friends. No one makes a new friend and then puts a tally on a paper and says 'Ok, that's it. I'm done. I've reached my friend quota, so no more.' And if perhaps it was my friend, then I missed an opportunity to say hello to him and see how he is doing.
Now...here is the part where I go back to the 'more about that later,' referring to General Conference. It was incredible! I have been so spiritually fed and I feel good about the direction my life is going. For someone who may have accidentally stumbled across this little glimps into my mind, and does not know what in the world I am referring too, General Conference is a semi-annual meeting of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We get to hear from the Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, as well as other general authorities and leaders of the church. It is a wonderfully uplifting experience and I would highly recommend watching it to anyone that is in need of direction or hope in their life. You can learn more about our church at www.lds.org.
Whew! For a first ever blog post, I would say that was pretty alright. Have a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment